عنوان مقاله [English]
Background and Aims: Vaspin and Omentin are adipokines and seem to be related to metabolic risk factors. The purpose of the present study was to investigate the effects of continuous endurance training (CET), circuit resistance training (CRT), and high intensity interval training (HIT) on plasma levels of Omentin and Vaspin in obese young men.
Materials and Methods: A total of 44 obese young men voluntarily participated in the present study and were randomly divided into continuous endurance training (CET; n=11), circuit resistance training (CRT; n=11), high intensity interval training (HIT; n=11), and Control (Con; n=11) groups. CET was done with 70% VO2max. Also, HIT was performed with six three-minute sets of running at 90% of VO2max, while CRT was done at 11 stations with 20% 1RM, three times a week for 12 weeks. Blood samples were collected before and after training protocols and Omentin-1 and Vaspin were measured in the plasma. To compare between-group data, two-way ANOVA with repeated measurements and Bonferron's post hoc test were run.
Results: The results showed that there is no significant difference between CET, HIT, and CRT in the Omentin-1 and Vaspin after training (p˃0.05). However, Omentin-1 increased significantly in the CRT (p=0.002) and HIT (p=0.011) compared with the controls. Also, Vaspin significantly decreased in the CRT compared with that in the control group (p=0.029).
Conclusion: Finally, it can be stated that none of the continuous endurance, circuit resistance, and high intensity interval trainings is preferable to improve Vaspin and Omentin-1 although they can improve hormone levels after 12 weeks of exercise training.
10. Blüher M. Vaspin in obesity and diabetes: pathophysiological and clinical significance. Endocrine. 2012;41(2):176-82. ##
11. Shibata R, Ouchi N, Takahashi R, Terakura Y, Ohashi K, Ikeda N, et al. Omentin as a novel biomarker of metabolic risk factors. Diabetology & metabolic syndrome. 2012;4(1):37. ##
12. Rotondi M, Magri F, Chiovato L. Thyroid and obesity: not a one-way interaction. The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism. 2011;96(2):344-6. ##
13. Banitalebi E, Shahrekordi ZM, Kazemi AR, Bagheri L, Shalamzari SA, Faramarzi M. Comparing the effects of eight weeks of combined training (Endurance and Resistance) in different orders on inflammatory factors and adipokines among elderly females. Women's Health Bulletin. 2016;3(2). ##
14. Saremi A, Asghari M, Ghorbani A. Effects of aerobic training on serum omentin-1 and cardiometabolic risk factors in overweight and obese men. Journal of sports sciences. 2010;28(9):993-8. ##
15. Mogharnasi M, Galdavi R. The effect of circuit resistance training and detraining on Omentin-1 and body composition in overweight and obese female students. Res Educ Sports. 2015;3(8):75-88. ##
16. Noori S. Effect of rhythmic aerobic exercise with trunk resistance training on plasma omentin levels, insulin resistance and physical function in overweight women: Master Thesis]. Shahrekord, Iran: Physical Education and Sport Sciences of Shahrekord University; 2013. ##
17. Eves ND, Plotnikoff RC. Resistance training and type 2 diabetes: considerations for implementation at the population level. Diabetes care. 2006;29(8):1933-41. ##
18. Gibala MJ, McGee SL. Metabolic adaptations to short-term high-intensity interval training: a little pain for a lot of gain? Exercise and sport sciences reviews. 2008;36(2):58-63. ##
19. Jackson AS, Pollock ML. Practical assessment of body composition. The Physician and Sportsmedicine. 1985;13(5):76-90. ##
20. Eston R, Evans H, Faulkner J, Lambrick D, Al-Rahamneh H, Parfitt G. A perceptually regulated, graded exercise test predicts peak oxygen uptake during treadmill exercise in active and sedentary participants. European journal of applied physiology. 2012;112(10):3459-68. ##
21. Brzycki M. A practical approach to strength training: Contemporary Books; 1995. ##
22. Bartlett JD, Close GL, MacLaren DP, Gregson W, Drust B, Morton JP. High-intensity interval running is perceived to be more enjoyable than moderate-intensity continuous exercise: implications for exercise adherence. Journal of sports sciences. 2011;29(6):547-53. ##
23. Kaikkonen H, Yrjämä M, Siljander E, Byman P, Laukkanen R. The effect of heart rate controlled low resistance circuit weight training and endurance training on maximal aerobic power in sedentary adults. Scandinavian journal of medicine & science in sports. 2000;10(4):211-5. ##
24. Galdavi R, Mogharnasi M. The effect of two methods of endurance and resistance training on omentin-1 levels of plasma and factors related to obesity in overweight and obese girls in university of Sistan and Baluchestan. Iranian Journal of Diabetes and Metabolism. 2016;15(2):101-9. ##
25. Safarzade A, Esmailpour K, Talebi-Garakani E, Fathi R. He Effect Of Low Intensity Resistance Training On Serum Omentin-1 And Adiponectin Concentrations In Streptozotocin-Induced Diabetic Rats. Iranian Journal of Diabetes and Metabolism. 2014;13(3):235-42. ##
26. Daryanoosh F, Aminilari Z. The effect of 12 weeks of resistance training on the Apelin, Omentin-1 levels and insulin resistance in the elderly overweight women with type 2 diabetes. ZUMS Journal. 2015;23(98):29-40. ##
27. Halabis M, Dziedzic M, Warchulinska J, Kaznowska-Bystryk I, Solski J. Omentin-a new adipokine with many roles to play. Current Issues in Pharmacy and Medical Sciences. 2015;28(3):176-80. ##
28. Greiwe JS, Cheng B, Rubin DC, Yarasheski KE, Semenkovich CF. Resistance exercise decreases skeletal muscle tumor necrosis factor α in frail elderly humans. The FASEB Journal. 2001;15(2):475-82. ##
29. Olson TP, Dengel D, Leon A, Schmitz K. Changes in inflammatory biomarkers following one-year of moderate resistance training in overweight women. International journal of obesity. 2007;31(6):996. ##
30. Alizadeh M, Asad MR, Faramarzi M, Afroundeh R. Effect of eight-week high intensity interval training on omentin-1 gene expression and insulin-resistance in diabetic male rats. Annals of Applied Sport Science. 2017;5(2):29-36. ##
31. Moreno‐Navarrete JM, Ortega F, Castro A, Sabater M, Ricart W, Fernández‐Real JM. Circulating omentin as a novel biomarker of endothelial dysfunction. Obesity. 2011;19(8):1552-9. ##
32. Kazama K, Usui T, Okada M, Hara Y, Yamawaki H. Omentin plays an anti-inflammatory role through inhibition of TNF-α-induced superoxide production in vascular smooth muscle cells. European journal of pharmacology. 2012;686(1-3):116-23. ##
33. Chang HM, Park HS, Park C-Y, Song YS, Jang YJ. Association between serum vaspin concentrations and visceral adipose tissue in Korean subjects. Metabolism-Clinical and Experimental. 2010;59(9):1276-81. ##
34. Lee MK, Jekal Y, Im J-A, Kim E, Lee SH, Park J-H, et al. Reduced serum vaspin concentrations in obese children following short-term intensive lifestyle modification. Clinica chimica acta. 2010;411(5-6):381##-5.
35. Fietta P, Delsante G, editors. Focus on adipokines. Theoretical biology forum; 2013. ##
36. Talebi-Garakani E, Safarzade A. The effect of resistance training intensity and volume on serum vaspin concentration and insulin resistance index in adult male rats. Daneshvar. 2012;19(100):75-82. ##
37. Oberbach A, Kirsch K, Lehmann S, Schlichting N, Fasshauer M, Zarse K, et al. Serum vaspin concentrations are decreased after exercise-induced oxidative stress. Obesity facts. 2010;3(5):328-31. ##