عنوان مقاله [English]
Background and Aim: Duration of stretching in the muscles around the joint can have different effects on the accuracy of sense of position. However, since the accuracy of the joint's position sense is one of the important factors in subtle movements and prevention of injury, the present study was conducted to compare the immediate effects of static stretching of quadriceps with different times (10, 20, and 30 seconds) on the knee joint position sense in Collegiate female athletes.
Materials and Methods: A total of 33 Female student-athletes (average age: 22.15±2.48 years, average weight 60.72±8.36 kg, and average height of 165.15±6.40 cm) were purposefully selected. Absolute error was evaluated in the reconstruction of the knee joint flexion angle at 45° and 60° in three days with three different times during static quadriceps stretching using photogrammetric method.
Results: The results of the analysis of variance with repeated measures showed no statistically significant difference between the absolute errors of reconstruction of the knee joint flexion angles (P>0/05).
Conclusion: Considering the results obtained in the present study, it seems that athletes and coaches can use these three static stretching times without worrying about differences in their negative effects on the accuracy of their knee joint position sense.
10. Alpkaya U. The acute effects of different stretching durations on vertical jump performance in trained male athletes. International Journal of Sport Studies. 2013;3(2):212-7. ##
11. Bacurau RFP, Monteiro GA, Ugrinowitsch C, Tricoli V, Cabral LF, Aoki MS. Acute effect of a ballistic and a static stretching exercise bout on flexibility and maximal strength. The Journal of Strength & Conditioning Research. 2009;23(1):304-8. ##
12. Costa PB, Ryan ED, Herda TJ, Walter AA, Hoge KM, Cramer JT. Acute effects of passive stretching on the electromechanical delay and evoked twitch properties. European journal of applied physiology. 2010;108(2):301-10. ##
13. Cramer jt, housh tj, coburn jw, beck tw, johnson go. Acute effects of static stretching on maximal eccentric torque production in women. The Journal of Strength & Conditioning Research. 2006;20(2):354-8. ##
14. Fortier J, Lattier G, Babault N. Acute effects of short-duration isolated static stretching or combined with dynamic exercises on strength, jump and sprint performance. Science & Sports. 2013;28(5):e111-e7. ##
15. Hough PA, Ross EZ, Howatson G. Effects of dynamic and static stretching on vertical jump performance and electromyographic activity. The Journal of Strength & Conditioning Research. 2009;23(2):507-12. ##
16. Kay AD, Blazevich AJ. Effect of acute static stretch on maximal muscle performance: a systematic review. Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2012;44(1):154-64. ##
17. Paradisis GP, Pappas PT, Theodorou AS, Zacharogiannis EG, Skordilis EK, Smirniotou AS. Effects of Static and Dynamic Stretching on Sprint and Jump Performance in Boys and Girls. The Journal of Strength & Conditioning Research. 2014;28(1):154-60. ##
18. Rossi L, Pereira R, Simão R, Brandalize M, Gomes A. Influence of static stretching duration on quadriceps force development and eletromyographic activity. Human Movement. 2010;11(2):137-43. ##
19. Siatras TA, Mittas VP, Mameletzi DN, Vamvakoudis EA. The duration of the inhibitory effects with static stretching on quadriceps peak torque production. The Journal of Strength & Conditioning Research. 2008;22(1):40-6. ##
20. Winchester JB, Nelson AG, Landin D, Young MA, Schexnayder IC. Static stretching impairs sprint performance in collegiate track and field athletes. The Journal of Strength & Conditioning Research. 2008;22(1):13-9. ##
21. Zakas A, Galazoulas C, Doganis G, Zakas N. Effect of two acute static stretching durations of the rectus femoris muscle on quadriceps isokinetic peak torque in professional soccer players. Isokinetics and exercise science. 2006;14(4):357-62. ##
22. Bandy WD, Irion JM. The effect of time on static stretch on the flexibility of the hamstring muscles. Physical therapy. 1994;74(9):845-50. ##
23. Bandy WD, Irion JM, Briggler M. The effect of static stretch and dynamic range of motion training on the flexibility of the hamstring muscles. Journal of Orthopaedic & Sports Physical Therapy. 1998;27(4):295-300. ##
24. Zakas A, Doganis G, Papakonstandinou V, Sentelidis T, Vamvakoudis E. Acute effects of static stretching duration on isokinetic peak torque production of soccer players. Journal of Bodywork and Movement Therapies. 2006;10(2):89-95. ##
25. Björklund M, Djupsjöbacka M, Crenshaw AG. Acute muscle stretching and shoulder position sense. Journal of athletic training. 2006;41(3):270. ##
26. Larsen R, Lund H, Christensen R, Røgind H, Danneskiold-Samsøe B, Bliddal H. Effect of static stretching of quadriceps and hamstring muscles on knee joint position sense. British journal of sports medicine. 2005;39(1):43-6. ##
27. Moradi A. The accute effect of static and dynamic stretching muscles, quadriceps, hamstrings and Gastrocnemius muscles on the knee joint position sense collegiate soccer players: Masters Degree, University of Tehran; 1392. [In Persian] ##
28. Naylor JM, Ko V, Adie S, Gaskin C, Walker R, Harris IA, et al. Validity and reliability of using photography for measuring knee range of motion: a methodological study. BMC musculoskeletal disorders. 2011;12(1):77. ##
29. Shahrjerdi S, Zavieh MK, Rezasoltani AA, Kalantari KK, Baghban AA. The acute effect of static muscle stretching on knee joint repositioning error. Rehabilitation Medicine. 2014;3(3). [In Persian] ##
30. Ghiasi F, Akbari A. Comparison of open and closed chain and target angle on knee joint position sense in healthy men and women. Gorgan University of Medical Sciences. 1387;10(4):22-8. [In Persian] ##
31. Baker V, Bennell K, Stillman B, Cowan S, Crossley K. Abnormal knee joint position sense in individuals with patellofemoral pain syndrome. Journal of orthopaedic research : official publication of the Orthopaedic Research Society. 2002;20(2):208-14. ##
32. Pourkazemi F, Naseri N, Bagheri H, Fakhari Z. Effect of chronic instability of the ankle joint position sense of the knee. Modern Rehabilitation. 1388;3(1):33-42. [In Persian] ##
33. Torres R, Duarte JA, Cabri JM. An acute bout of quadriceps muscle stretching has no influence on knee joint proprioception. Journal of human kinetics. 2012;34(1):33-9. ##
34. Adi H. Neuromuscular rehabilitation- manual therapy and physiotherapy. 2nd ed. Tehran: Setayesh Hasti Publishers; 1390.p.17-40, 75-108. [In Persian] ##