1. Vahdaninia MS, Gashtasbi A, Montazeri A, Mafton F. Health quality of life in elderly: population based
survey. Payesh. 2005; 4: 113-120. [In Persian]
2. Hatami H, Eftekhar H, Razavi A, Majlesi H. Text book of public health, Third edition. Tehran, Arjemand
Co. 2004; 1522-80.
3. Islamic republic news agency. Social: elderly [online]. Available: http//www2.irna.comlen/news/line -
8.html. Accessed June 3, 2007.
4. Tajvar M, Farziyanpour F. Elderly Health and a Review on Different Aspects of Their Life, Nasle Farda and Arjmand Press, Tehran. 2004.
5. Canbaz S, Sunter AT, Dabak S, Peksen Y. The prevalence of chronic diseases and quality of life in elderly
people in Samsun. Turk J Med Sci. 2003; 33(5): 335-340.
6. Rocha FL, Uchoa E, Guerra HI, Firmo JO, Vidigal PG, Lima-Costa MF. Prevalence of sleep somplaints and associated factors in community-dwelling older people in Brazil: the Bambui Health and Ageing Study (BHAS)". Sleep Med. 2002; 3(3): 231-238.
7. Conger SA, Moore KD. Chronic illness and Quality of life: the social workers role. TSAO foundation.
2002. P16-17 .
8. Barry pp. An overview of special considerations in the evaluation and management of the geriatric patient.
Am J Gastroenterol. 2000; 95(1): 8-10.
9. Coats AJ. Life, quality of life and choice in an ageing society. Intl J Cardiol. 2001; 78(1):1-3.
10. Kusumaratna RK. Impact of physical activity on quality of life in the elderly. Univ Med. 2008; 27 (2): 57 -
11. Habibi A, Nikpour S, Seiedeoshohadaei M, Haghani H. Quality of life and status of physical functioning among elderly people in west region of Tehran: A cross-sectional survey. Iran J Nursing. 2008; 21 (53):
28-39. [In Persian]
12. American Psychological Association. Aging and depression. Washington DC: Author; 2004.
13. Lam CL, Leuder IJ. The impact of chronic disease on the Health related quality of life (HRQoL). Fam
Pract. 2000; 17(2): 159-166.
14. McNaughton SA, Crawford D, Ball K, Salmon J. Understanding determinants of nutrition, physical activity and quality of life among older adults: the Wellbeing, Eating and Exercise for a Long Life (WELL) study. HQL. 2012; 10:109.
15. Nelson ME, Rejeski WJ, Blair SN, Duncan PW, Judge JO, King AC, et al. Physical activity and public health in older adults: recommendation from the American College of Sports Medicine and the American Heart Association. Circulation. 2007; 116:1094–1105.
16. Mokhtari F, Ghasemi N. Comparison of Elderlys “Quality of life and mental health living in nursing homes
and members of retiered club of Shiraz city. Iranian J Aging 2009; 5 (18): 53-63. [In Persian]
17. Sajadian H, Bighlarian A. Quality of life in women elderly in Kahrizak elderly home. Payesh. 2005; 5 (2):
105-108. [In Persian]
18. Ahmadi F, Salar A. Faghihzadeh S. Assessing quality of life among elderly people in Zahedan. Hayat
2004; 10(22): 61-67. [In Persian]
19. Saka B, Kaya O, Ozturk GB, Erten N, Karan MA. M
alnutrition in the elderly and its relationship with other geriatric syndromes. Clin Nutr 2010; 29: 745-748.
20. Usefy AR, Mallik S, Ghassemi GR, Baghaei AM, Sarrafzadegan N, Rabiei K. Psychometric Properties of
the WHOQOL-BREF in an Iranian Adult Sample. Community Ment Health J. 2010; 46(2): 139-147.
22. Malakoti K, Fatolahi P, Mirabzade A, Salavati M, Kahani SH. Standardization of geriatric depression scale in elderly population of Iran –SF -15. J Reas Med Sci. 2005; 30 (4): 361-368.
23. Wilson LA. A comparison of the effects of reminiscence therapy and transmissive reminiscence therapy on levels of depression in nursing home residents. USA: proQuset Information and Learning Company; 2006.
24. Ghasemi S, Moosavi N. Health guide for geriarics. Tehran: Sadr library. 2000; 1-30, 65-72.
25. Hegbom F, Stavem K, Sire S, Heldal M, Oring OM, Gjesdal K. Effect of short term exercise training on symptoms and quality of life in patients with chronic atrial fibrillation. Int J Cardiology. 2007; 116(1): 86 -
26. Elavsky S, Maculey E, Motl RW, Konopack JF, Marquez Dx, Hue L, et al. Physical activity enhances long term quality of life in older adults: efficacy-esteem and affective influences. Ann Behav Med. 2005; 30(2):
27. Netz Y, Wu MJ, Becker Bj, Tenenbaum G. Physical activity and psychological well-being in advanced age: A meta analysis of intervention studies. Psychol Aging. 2005; 20(2): 272-284.
28. Meyer K, Laederach-Hofmann K. Effect of a comprehensive rehabilitation program on quality of life in patients with chronic heart failure. Prog Cardiovasc Nurs. 2003; 18 (4): 169-176.
29. Elia M. Obesity in the Elderly. Obes Res. 2001; 9(4): 244- 248.
30. Abete P, Ferrara Ni, Cacciatore F, Sagnelli E, Manzi M, Carnovale V, et al., High level of physical activity preserves the cardio protective effect of preinfarction angina in elderly patients FREE. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2001;38(5):1357-1365.
31. Wong SY, Lau EM, Hyne H, Leung PC, Woo J, Cumming SR, et al. Depression and bone mineral density:
is there a relationship in elderly Asian men? Results from Mr. Os (Hong Kong). Osteoporos Int. 2005; 16:
32. Ruuskanen JM, Ruoppila I. Physical activity and psychological well-being among people aged 65 to 84 years. Age Ageing. 1995; 24: 292– 296.
33. Nied R J, Barry F. Promoting and Prescribing Exercise for the Elderly. Am fam physician. 2002; 65 (3):
34. Leinonen R, Heikkinen E, Hirvensalo M, Lintunen T, Rasinaho M, Sakari-Rantala R, et al,. Customer- oriented counseling for physical activity in older people: study protocol and selected baseline results of a randomized- controlled trial. Scand J Med Sci sports. 2007; 17(2):156-164.
35. Lee Tw, Ko IS, Lee KJ. Health promotion behaviors and quality of life among community-dwelling elderly in Korea. Int J Nurs Stud. 2006; 43(3): 293-300.
36. Hamidzadeh S, Ahmadi F, Aslani Y, Etemadifar Sh, Salehi K, Kordeyazdi R. Study effect of group- based exercise program on the quality of life in older man and women in 2006-2007. Shahis Sadoughi Univ Med Sci. 2008; 16(1): 167-167. [In Persian]
37. Geriatric Medicine in general. Iran's First International Conference on Aging, Department of charitable ladies, First Edition, Volume 2,1999, 239.
38. Orley J, Saxena S, Herrman H. Quality of life and mental illness: reflections from the perspective of the
WHOQOL. British J Psych. 1998; 172: 291-293.
39. Chang YS, Liang SC, Chen MC, Lu MR. Quality of Life in Elderly with Depressive Disorder. Taiwan
Geriatr Gerontol. 2006; 2(1):21-31.
40. Marom-kibansky R, Drory Y. Physical activity for the elderly. Harefuah. 2002; 141 (7): 646-650, 664, 665.